Equipment: Tempered glass, a set of 4 types of silicon carbide abrasive grain (80, 230, 400, 600 grit.), Silicone legs 5 pcs.
Levelling-glass is a high-strength material. The strength is achieved in production by heating the glass to a liquid state with a temperature of about 900 degrees Celsius. Then it is cooled by a jet of air, which leads to an increase in stress in the material and changes in its structure. The glass has the same hardness over the entire area. Both sides of the glass can be used for work. The chamfers on the glass are removed and the edges are rounded. It has anti-slip feet.
Designed for alignment of diamond bars, preparation for work (cheering up) and alignment of synthetic and natural stones.
We do not recommended to work with different powders on the same glass surface.
It is not intended for sharpening and straightening the cutting edge of knives and tools.
Weight: 1,744 grams.
Transport with care, it does not tolerate shock load.
Additionally, depending on the type of kit, the kit includes a silicon carbide abrasive grain, of different grain sizes. A set of silicon carbide powders allows you to level most abrasive stones. Each powder is packed in an individual jar.
Gritness of powders in the set:
F80 — grit, for rough stones
F230 — grit, for medium rough stones
F400 — grit, for pre-finish stones
F600 — grit, for finishing stones
Recommendations for use:
1. With a marker apply a shape of a net on the abrasive stone in order to control the leveling result.
2. Pour a small amount of silicon carbide powder of the required grit onto the glass (see table). There are 4 types of silicon carbide powder in this set.
3. Add a little water, and by performing movements like a sign of "infinity", move the stone on the surface of the glass, with just a little pressure.
4. Do not allow drying and the formation of a “plasticine” suspension. So, don't forget to add water on time.
5. Be sure to remove the chamfers from the abrasive stone at the end of the work.
Use the table below to select the grain size of the abrasive grain depending on your abrasive stone.